Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tag Team Husband

So I've got it pretty good when it comes my husband sharing the chores around the house. I love that in the mornings, when the house is busy getting ready for the day, I can pick out clothes for the boys and then go dry my hair while Chris supervises them getting dressed. This usually consists of making jokes with them while they get clothed and put the dirties away properly. Though it also involves acting as an obstruction for when they inevitably get distracted and want to go play GI Joe in their bedroom wearing nothing more than their underwear. Chris often has to catch them, physically turn them the other direction, and send them back to whatever forgotten items of clothes are left to be put on.

When we make lunches in the morning, I love that he'll make the sandwiches while I dig out the pretzels, fig newtons, trail mix, or whatever other accessories we have around to pack. This morning he went to town chopping vegetables for the beef stew while I got the other items ready in the crock pot.

The boys love him. He's a great "daddy at Mommy's house"...though it's certainly had its time of adjustments. He does a pretty good job of stepping in with some humor to ease the tension a bit when I reach the end of my patience rope with the kids. And there's nothing better than piling on the couch as a family to watch a movie or play a game and just enjoy some time together.

One of the best things about Chris? When he sings Lots of Bots to the boys at bedtime.

1 comment:

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

that's awesome! yay for good dads!