Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Five


I think this is my favorite picture of Logan to date. I love the way he's standing, and the look on his face. He's got a bit of a Mona Lisa smile - just a hint of one there.

Logan is an awesome, special kid. He has a sense of humor that is wonderfully goofy, and he has an ability to be tender and compassionate beyond his age. Sometimes, we'll lay down together and talk about things, and he'll reach up and softly touch my cheek. He makes us laugh with words and songs he thinks up. He's a great big brother. His imagination amazes me and I hope he never loses it. I find myself feeling really lucky to know him.

My most favorite memory of Logan, and possibly the kindest thing anyone has ever said to me: Last year, when Ed and I were separated and I was feeling so miserable about myself and life in general, I was on the floor talking and playing with the boys. All of a sudden, Logan stopped what he was doing and scooted close to me. He took my face in his hands, looked me in the eye and said, "Mommy, you are awesome! And you are
beautiful!"

3 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Happy birthday Logan!

Remember when you were one and my husband threw you down on the ground? I suspect that some day you'll be bigger than him and you have my permission to do the same to him.

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOGAN!!

Courtney said...

It wasn't so much a throwing as a dropping, Char.