Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Randoms

So it's been a week since Logan's birthday and I haven't posted because we've been busybusybusy. I'm trying to get a side project going and doing that after work is taking up some time. Plus, there's the parenting, and that ain't easy.

A few things to note:
  • Dex told me this morning that he was going to count to 100. He did one through ten fine, then bounced around in the teens for a bit (including numbers like oneteen, twoteen, and twenty-sixteen) before he boldly announced 100, followed by the proud exclamations of, "I did it! I counted to 100!" A for effort, buddy.
  • Declan used my favorite expression ("Suck a rock!") this morning.
  • Apparently Grandpa Higgins told them that we can't drive with the windows down on the highway. So there's been some constant asking lately if we're on the highway because the boys are kind of like dogs in that there's really nothing better than flying along with the windows down. I'm sure if they weren't strapped into carseats, they'd be out the windows with tongues hanging out. Also, if you're not on the highway, you're on the "downway"...just an FYI.
  • Logan told me last night that some kids in his class were calling him Chicken Noodle and it was hurting his feelings. We talked a bit about how to handle it when kids tease him and what he was going to do about it today, and then I told him I thought Chicken Noodle was really cute and would it hurt his feelings if I called him that? He looked at me like he was about to cry and said yes. So, despite how adorable I think it is, I will refrain from the Chicken Noodle nickname. Poop.
  • My particular brand of wit and charm is not appreciated by Chris in the middle of the night.

1 comment:

Becky said...

love the nickname chicken noodle. I think Andrew would cry over it too though. Darn tenderhearted kids. ;)