Friday, December 26, 2008

The Christmas Wrap-up

It is finished.

I think things went pretty well. The boys have been happily playing with all manner of Christmas crap for the past couple days. They're stuffed full of chocolates and other assorted treats. Chris and I have been enjoying our presents as well, and really happy having our time off of work with each other and the boys.

We made sure the boys had a hand in picking out gifts for the family this year. Logan chose a present for Declan, and vice versa. Each boy chose something for me and Chris and Ed and Amy. We did our best to remind them to keep the person they were buying the gift for in mind. I think it worked, though I'm not I want to think too hard about what the boys think of me (more on that later).

I think Logan ended up choosing Declan's favorite present, which is a Batman sword that makes combat sword sounds when it swings through the air. We didn't realize there was a utility belt that came with it, on which a scabbard can be connected to hang the sword. No matter, Declan found the perfect scabbard in his underwear. He was not at all interested in cooperating for a picture of it, so this is the best I got.


Ed helped the boys pick out presents for Chris and I. Word is that he gave them no guidance and let them choose whatever they thought we'd like. So Chris ended up with a basketball from Logan (not bad at all) and from Dex, some super sweet red sunglasses that possibly travelled through time from the 1980s to get here (pretty much like these, except not Ray-Bans). I ended up with a pair of reading glasses (just in case I turn 60 and lose my near-sighted vision soon?) and a beautiful hair bow/pin.

3 comments:

Alissa said...

matt and i had a nice long chuckle about the underwear as scabbard.

love the reading glasses... you never know when they'll come in handy, right?

and the flower pin isn't so bad... i'd totally wear that in my hair!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Freaking awesome!

Perhaps you should consider a career (or a Halloween costume for next year) as a librarian.

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

those are great gifts. and the underwear scabbard is seriously fantastic.