Sunday, January 4, 2009

Crazy Train

Today I hooked my mp3 player (thanks, Chris!) to my speakers and started playing Crazy Train. The starting shouts and laughter by Ozzy startled the crud out of the kids. But when the music cut in, Declan slowly took a few steps over to me with eyes wide, mouth hanging open in a half smile like he just could not believe the awesome he was hearing. He stood, sort of dazed, next to me while the song played and before long his little body was totally getting down. Then the headbanging started.

Chris was in his chair next to me watching Declan out of the corner of his eye, like he was afraid that if he paid too much attention, Declan would get shy and stop his performance. I, knowing Dex a little better than that, openly stared. The kid was into it. During the instrumental part, the boy played air guitar, shook his legs to the beat as if he was actually playing a guitar, closed his eyes, and banged his head like you would not believe.
During this time, Logan was doing some twirls and dancing that reminded me a bit of a cheerleader, but that's neither here nor there.

Considering that Declan's most requested song around our house is Dragula, I think we may have a metalhead on our hands. In light of these preferences Dex has set forth, Chris has happily volunteered to help shape Declan's musical tastes. Though, the kids did just come off a week with Grandpa in which they fell in love with Planet Claire ("Mommy, they don't have any heads there!").

1 comment:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Well, Ozzy DOES rule. Can't blame the kid.