Friday, January 30, 2009

Heroism

This morning, as I was getting out of bed, my foot got caught in the sheets (quiet, you) and I yelped. Declan, hearing my cry, yelled from the living room, "I'll save you, Mommy!" We heard his little feet coming running at Declan speed and in a second, he appeared in our room, climbed up on the bed, and tackled Chris who was still laying there. At that point, he did his best to wrestle Chris down for hurting me while Chris laughed and protested that he hadn't done a thing to me. (Of course, Chris did give me the what-for because I was singing the Planet of the Apes musical (from the Simpsons) in bed which he didn't appreciate. Frankly, I consider that tackle-and-wrestle worthy.)

In other news, Logan calls his *ahem* region coconuts. We got in Chris's car yesterday and as we drove off, Logan quite pleasantly exclaimed, "Ooh! This car is vibrating my coconuts!"

Also, Declan calls lasagna masanga, and that's amusing in its own right.

2 comments:

Alissa said...

he he... i love a good vibration in my coconuts.

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

awesome, all of it.