Sunday, December 7, 2008

Catching Up

I haven't posted in for-ev-er because we've been sick, sick, sick around here. All last week, Chris and I were miserable in bed, praying for mercy. The boys came home last weekend and each had their turn throwing up and feeling lethargic. So I blame them. Or Ed. The really tragic part of it is that before they came to our house and felt sick, Ed took them to Cafe Rio where they enjoyed some quesadillas. However, Declan is convinced the quesadilla made him sick, and if you offer to take him to Cafe Rio, he'll tell you he just wants a drink, please. Sad, right? One of the best restaurants in Utah and the boy just wants a drink. I think we'll ease up on mentioning that place for a while and hopefully the memory will fade.

Logan has been trying out a new laugh lately. I don't know why, or where he got it from, or what he's getting out of it, but whatever. He forces all the air out of his lungs and does a breathy, deep-voiced laughing sound. Creepy, honestly.

Both the boys are making huge strides in the reading and writing department. Logan's trying to read a lot, and he loves to write. He made a paper for me that said "I LOV MOMMY" over and over again (awwww). And because Logan does it, Declan is making his own attempts and doing quite well. Dex doesn't try to read as much as he tries to write, but he can actually write words if you spell them out for him. I think because they're so close in age, Declan's going to be standing on Logan's shoulders when it comes to a lot of the stuff they learn. He hears us encouraging and correcting Logan on the reading and writing and wants to get in on the action as well.


1 comment:

Becky said...

poor kid! I threw up cottage cheese once as a kid and I havnt been able to eat it since. I hope he doesnt do the same for the cafe rio.
CUTE CUTE picture.