Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Personality

Last week, as the doctor was walking out of the room after the boys' checkups, Logan was pretending to be a dog and sitting next to me with his tongue out and paws at his chest while Declan was pretending to be a superhero (that owns a dog) and talking in his grown up man voice to Logan-the-dog with his brows furrowed. The doctor glanced at them, looked at me, and laughed while he said, "You've got your hands full with those two." And I just thought to myself something along the lines of how he ain't seen nothing yet.

Yes, hands are full. But that's not a bad thing. Around our house, it's usually a fun thing because it means also that my kids have personality. Maybe I should have sat them in chairs with arms folded until we were out of the doctor's office, but the reality is that they're young boys brimming with energy (that is, until they have to do something they don't want to and they start walking very slowly with their shoulders hunched over saying they're out of energy) and they were being fairly quiet in their play. Of course there are days when the imaginations get to be too much and too loud and us grown ups get a bit overwhelmed and impatient with it all, as I'm sure Chris, Ed, and Amy can verify. The benefit is that if nothing else, the kids provide some good entertainment. Who needs TV?

Video of the boys doing their impressions of Wall-E

Along with the personality comes the imaginations, which I know I've mentioned once or twice before. The boys are pretty boy-like in their love of superheroes, and they're frequently telling me about new guys they've made up. I have a few pages of notes on these characters and have intentions to Do Things With Them. Part of my quest to capture their childhood includes making videos of them talking about their superheroes.

Logan talking about Doctor Professor and his sidekick Doy Doy
Logan talking about Bug and Punkin Scary (two of the villains)
Declan talking about Strong Mega, a guy who is super strong and super (to the 43rd power, by my count) fast

5 comments:

Becky said...

I would SO much rather have a kid with personality then one thats just a bland vanilla kid. It keeps life interesting. And sure we might spend half our lives with faces red from embarrassment, but we will spend the other half laughing about it later.
Great videos. TFS

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I can't see the videos.

:o(

Courtney said...

I'll have to upload the videos to something else tonight. I did some more reading about the FB feature, and it's only available to FB users. So join FB or wait until tonight. ;)

g said...

That was really fun to catch up with you and your family. Your boys are 100% cuteness!

Alissa said...

so stinking cute. love the bug sound. and personally, doctor professor is my favorite.