Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Logan very excitedly told me today is a special day because we get to vote. He asked me if I voted. He asked Chris if he voted. He asked our next door neighbor if she voted. When he called Grandpa to wish him a happy birthday, he asked him if he voted. Logan proudly told me tonight that when he's 18, he'll get to vote, too.

Earlier in the year (and possibly still?), Amy had an Obama sign in her yard. The boys fell in love with that name. Sometimes I'll hear them whisper it to themselves, relishing the way it rolls around in their mouths. "Obamaaaaaahhhh."

There have been talks about what the election is and what it's about (in the most basic terms).
I explained that Obama and McCain were men who wanted to lead our country, and we looked at pictures of both of them online. We talked about how they had different ideas of how to run things and the people of the country will get to vote and that will determine who wins.

Politically informed, those boys. Hopefully when they're of age, they'll still be informed and excited about participating.


In other unrelated news, filed under When They Don't Know the Words: Logan refers to hail as "rock rain."


1 comment:

Alissa said...

my favorite of your "when they don't know the words": pee-poop