Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, Logan!

When he got up this morning, I said, "Who turned 6 today?!" And Logan grinned from ear to ear, then told me he's actually both 5 and 6 today. Not sure how that works, but ooooooook!

He was hap-hap-happy about life today. I guess the birthday kid gets to be the special helper all day at school, which includes important duties such as Line Leader. I plan on surprising him at school with treats for the class (muddy Rice Krispies, which means that it has chocolate chips melted in).

I asked what special dinner he wants and for the fourth year in a row, he piped up with "smashed potatoes!" When I told him we needed something to go with the mashed potatoes, he decided lasagna was a good pairing for that. So, starch is on the menu.

Back at the beginning of the year when Logan got his tonsils out, he laid on the couch watching TV and kept seeing commercials for the Snuggie. Finally he got my attention by waving his hands, then carefully signed with the bits of sign language he remembers, "I want blue." A brand new blue Snuggie awaits him today. Also, since he loves my mp3 player, we decided to get him his very own and I'm in the midst of loading it with songs selected for him by parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and close family friends that are important to Logan. I'm super excited for this because it's giving him a big, eclectic selection of music and it'll make him feel good that everyone he loves was a part of it.

About Logan:

This kid is awesome. I feel lucky to be his mom. His sense of humor has developed quite a bit recently, and I find him making jokes that are hinting at sarcasm and a perspective that seems older than a 6 year old. He is a really kind and loving big brother to Dex, and they continue to be best buddies. Logan's imagination is very active, which makes for humorous stories and drawings he brings home from school. Grandma Sue thinks he's going to grow up to be a writer, and I wouldn't be surprised if that came true. :)

I'll post pictures tonight.

3 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Happy birthday, Logan!

(note my non capitalization)

The fact that he's six weirds me out a little.

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

Happy birthday, Logan! It seems so weird to me, too, that he's six. I guess b/c we met when he was a baby and Kael was a toddler, I've always considered him so much younger than Kael. But he's what, 9 months?

And where are the pictures?

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Hello! Pictures!