Sunday, October 18, 2009

Damn

I have a lot of other things to write about but for now, a quick conversation between Chris and Declan.

Chris: [mumbles something about the damn Kansas City Chiefs]
Declan: [mumbles something else]
Declan: You didn't hear me, but I said very quietly that "damn" is a bad word.
Chris: It's not ok to say "damn" even when you're saying it's a bad word.
Declan: But I was just saying that it's bad!
Chris: Yes, it is. I'm sorry I said it. Please don't say it again, even if it's to tell someone that it's bad. Grown ups can sometimes say things that kids can't.
Declan, happily: When I grow up, I'm going to say a LOT of "damn, damn, damn, damn, damn!"

1 comment:

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

my boys had a discussion recently on whether it was "damn" or "damnit" that was the bad word. they decided that "damnit" was okay...because mom says it =O