Friday, February 4, 2011

Things kids say

Over dinner the other night, Declan was being Declan and relaying every thought that came through his head to the rest of the family. Things like, "Socks go in between shoes and feet" and "Sometimes dogs are brown." When Declan took a bite of his bread and butter and then announced to us, "I like bread," Logan said in a very dry, monotonous manner, "That's a great story."
________

Recently Andrea made french dip sandwiches for Sunday dinner and after Declan was done eating, he walked up to Chris and said proudly (with a fabulous gesture that I wish I could express in words), "I almost barfed, but then I sucked it back up!"
________

DECLAN: I don't like wearing those things.
ME: What things?
DECLAN: Pants and shirts.
(This particular announcement after I found him in the kitchen completely naked.)

No comments: