Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Randoms

-Declan got out of the bathtub and wanted to comb his hair. I stood at the counter and watched him as he swept it this way and that, trying to find that certain je ne sais quoi. He got frustrated and I asked him what the problem was. "I don't like the sprouts." Your guess is as good as mine as to what the sprouts actually are, but they were making him *mad*. He wanted spikes, not sprouts. I told him that because his hair is kind of curly, it won't do straight spikes unless it's a lot shorter. We agreed to get him a haircut this weekend.

For the time being, he wanted to figure out a cool hairstyle, so I gave him a few minutes to figure it out. When I went back, I asked him how it was going and his response was that it still wasn't looking how he wanted it to. I asked what it was in particular he was thinking he could get it to look like. "Like it has fire. Like the tips of my hair are flames of fire." Words failed me; genetics failed him.

-Apparently the bus driver calls Declan "Little Logan" or "Little [Last Name]". For some reason that I can't articulate in any way, every time I think of that, I start giggling to myself. It makes me happy.

-Logan's been chugging along happily in school and doing very well. He's one of two kids in his class who have completed all 25 of his word lists for the year and is rocking the socks off his math progress. He loves school and at the same time loves his days off school. It's a contrast to Declan, who's made a visit to the principal's office two out of three days so far this week. Note: The third day was a snow day.

No comments: