Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Music

I used to say that Logan had an ear for music, and people would be like, "Duh, all kids like music." He's now five and I still think there's something special in him when it comes down to it. I don't know what it is, exactly. He picks up new songs really quickly, and has been known to add his own special soundtrack to his life, like he's writing a movie score to the movie that is Logan.

I don't know if it's the shared genetics of the boys or the shared environment, but Declan is also very musical and makes his own songs that are along the same lines of Logan's - sometimes nothing less than epic accompaniment while he climbs the stairs, dead man walking to time out. Since he was quite young, he's been known to sing himself to sleep in bed. And today, while I was getting his bath ready, he stood in the hallway naked, with a Guitar Hero guitar slung over his shoulder, and sang (loudly) a song to me requesting that I please find him a washcloth. (Of course, my camera is never to be found in those moments.) Even naked in the hallway, Dex looked so natural there with the guitar.

1 comment:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

So I clicked over to comment and saw my word verification was "linthero" and now I can't remember what I was going to say. ROFL.